Market Trends: 5/18/2013
LaVernia/China Grove/St. Hedwig
Total Properties Listed: 145
Month-Over-Month Change: +7.41%
Average List Price: $175,083
Month-Over-Month Change: +1.5%
Median List Price: $105,000
Month-Over-Month Change: -.24%
Average List Price
Average Price per SqFt.
Average Price by Bedrooms:
1 Bedroom: N/A
2 Bedrooms: $132,000
3 Bedrooms: $246,946
4 Bedrooms: $348,639
5 Bedrooms: $374,560
Top 5 Most Viewed Properties
Real Estate Listings
MLS Home Search
San Antonio: 13,586 Listings
LaVernia/China Grove/St. Hedwig Real Estate
About LaVernia/China Grove/St. Hedwig
La Vernia real estate is in Wilson County, Texas and is a part of the San Antonio metropolitan statistical area. China Grove is located on Highway 87 only about 14 miles from La Vernia and 12 miles from San Antonio in Bexar County. St. Hedwig, near the intersection of Farm roads 1346 and 1518 is located 16 miles from San Antonio and is in Bexar County. La Vernia, China Grove and St. Hedwig real estate is highly desirable for a number of reasons. They provide the small town feel that is being sought today and are within an easy commute of San Antonio thereby supplying residents with all the ‘big city’ amenities. Many choose these areas to live and travel to work in the San Antonio area.
La Vernia, St. Hedwig and China Grove homes for sale include many farms. There are several working ranches located in these areas with goats, horses and cattle. La Vernia has a huge cattle drive through town every year. The area is typical small town hosting an annual Lions Club Bluebonnet Fest as well as the Miss La Vernia Pageant. The town is considered a good place to raise a family.
Residents of La Vernia real estate are served by the La Vernia Independent School District. This district serves a wide area and the student population is approximately four times more than the residents of La Vernia. St. Hedwig and China Grove are served by the East Central School District. St. Hedwig was settled in 1852 by John Demmer, a native Silesian. The area’s first post office was built in 1860 and although it was originally named Cottage Hill, the name was changed in 1877 to St. Hedwig, in honor of the patron saint of Silesia.
Although the area did not experience a boom in population, it grew steadily increasing from a population of approximately 100 in 1945 to 1,443 in 1990. It began to grow after World War II as more people moved into this area to be closer to San Antonio without actually living in the city. This hold true for China Grove real estate as well. This city is only about four square miles and as of the 2000 census, the population was 1247.
LaVernia/China Grove/St. Hedwig Neighborhoods